Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Celebration of Love



What a past few days, weeks, months, first half of 2011!!! How blessed are we?
I pray that I remember  how wonderful the entire engagement and wedding planning process was. It was SO. MUCH. FUN!!!!!! That being said if you have a wedding coming up and need some help, I'm ya gal.

Where do I even begin? How about...

Thursday, April 28-
Took a half day to run to Fayetteville for some "last minute" wedding details. Including a mani/pedi. My friend Tabitha met up with me and I suggested we hit up the mall nail salon... Big mistake. We get there and they start shouting "what you want?!" it's packed, we say " two mani/pedi" then one shouts "you pick COLOR! Come sit here" and points towards two pedi massage chairs that were filling up with water. Not giving much thought to it I sit down and place both feet full in... Little did I know my feet can move like the beginning credits on Footloose. HOLY MOLY scalding hot water hit my feet I'm full force. I pull them out and YELP! Lady doing a pedi next to me says "oh dat hot?" umm YEAH dat hot!! 10 seconds later here comes Tab, the very same happens to her! Eastern torture I'm sure of it! The experience didn't get much better, we finally bailed cutting both mani and pedi short because of horrendous service. But in no time our evening turned around as we met up with Colby for burgers and beers, a must have for any dieting bride. ;-)

Friday, April 29-
The day before the wedding, 1/2 exhausting as the day of.
James tries his rental tux on Friday AM, looked like little guy in a big ol coat... Panic sets in, my husband is going to look like a dork on one of our biggest days yet and he's going to be miserable. The place I rented the tux from says they can get us an overnight replacement by Saturday, 1:00 pm in Fayetteville... I explain that that won't fly so the next best thing is to go to Mr. Tux in Fayetteville and pay to rent another jacket. Mr. Tux associate blindly makes the assumption that he'll need just one size down from the big-big coat telling me there's no way he'd need a coat the size of the actual suit he owns,because suits and tuxes do not run the same... Stupidly I take her word, Friday night at 4:00 PM one hour before the rehearsal at the church, he looks like guy in a big ol coat again! Gah! Needless to say, James wore his suit jacket all day Saturday and was quite pleased, as was I because he looked hot hot and he was comfortable, the tux pants matched perfectly to boot!
Rehearsal went smoothly, thanks to my dear friend Sharon Lewis whom I am still thanking for all that she did for us. Rehearsal dinner was wonderful, Becki did an excellent job picking out the location as well as her killer crafty decor! She's so talented!
We ended the night by James and I going our separate ways, I stayed the night at my parents house and the boys stayed at ours. It was fun to sit around my parents house with my girls and look at the amazing scrapbook Mollie put together for us! She did an awesome job, it is SO sweet!

Saturday, April 30-
Wedding day!
I slept like a rock the night before, good thing too because the wedding day was action packed! Brittany our hairdresser arrived around 9:30 and Miles, Melissa and Josh our sweet photographers showed up shortly after that. Miles and Melissa had just broke the news the day before that they were expecting so it was wonderful to see them and give them a big ol congratulations hug! They're such sweet couple! James and I laughed at them all day long!
While we were getting ready our photographers took some shots and some detail shots, at one point I'm pretty sure Miles and Josh had my gown outside in the pasture trying to throw it on one of the bulls backs... Nice!
After hair and makeup I was down about three mimosas, since Melissa couldn't drink, I helped her out, and had some for the both of us!  ;-) anyway, from there it was time to get dressed, the lady who did my alterations did a triple crochet-knot in place of the traditional hook and eye get up you see at the top of most dresses, little did I know during bridal ports a few months ago my brother who came to help me get ready broke the "ever so smart" crochet hook! Panicking and running close to behind my mom yanks a metal eye out of my bra and sews it in the dress! GO MOM!! She saved me! Heck what else is new?
The day was a blast, we were all having a ball! I'm ready to "renew our vows" and do it all over again!
Around 2:00 PM our amazingly talented videographer Aaron Szabo arrived and James and I had our first look. As soon as I knew he was on the other side of the barn I became a giddy little school girl, I was SO SO excited to see him! I think that may have been my favorite part of the whole day! Oh and it rained when the girls and I took pics AND we played out in the middle of the road in the rain with Miles & Melissa laughing our heads off, " what a rush!!" haha.
Before we knew it it was time to HAUL A$$ to the church, we were LATE, and had our grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins waiting on us! That's really the only time I got a bit short " my family get your booties up here!!!". Just a few minutes later I hid out and sweet SWEET Brittany re-did my wild hair while the church filled up with over 350 people! I never really got like nerve-shaking nervous there was a brief moment where the thought occurred to me that there are a ton of people out there about to stare at us, but calmness overcame me when I realized that we were going to have nothing but friends and loved ones staring at us and they love us no matter what!
The ceremony happened so fast, I cried when James said his vows to me then I laughed because I was crying, what a sap. As it turns out I wasn't the only crier in the wedding party, Miss Carlie B had just woken up from a nap in the room I'd previously "hidden" in and got a bit nervous. I've not seen proof yet but the story is she walked down the aisle crying/sniffling and stood beside her momma, Mollie (who was also a bridesmaid) and took the bottom of Mollies dress and wiped her nose with it! Priceless!!
After the ceremony James and I jumped in the "get-away car" AKA my car along with my Uncle Ron as the driver and Miles riding shot gun. We decided to leave the ceremony immediately after walking down the aisle so we could get a good look at the reception all I can say is WOW! It was gorgeous! I'm so glad we got to see it before a bunch of people arrived! From there James and I grabbed a couple glasses of wine and headed downstairs with some of our friends for a short hang out time. Shortly after that Miles & Melissa and Aaron came down to do a bit of footage and more pictures. Behind the reception hall was a wooded hollow with a 2-track dirt road (borrowing that term from Miles). Hehe. Anyway, we drove around the front a bit later to re-enter the reception and greet friends and family. James and I danced to one of our favorite songs by our favorite artist, Brett Dennen then my dad and I kicked it off with Chuck Berry's "You Never Can Tell." (think pulp fiction).James and his mom danced to What A Wonderful World.
The reception was so much fun, we ate, drank, sang and danced; had an absolute ball! Even my little cousin Colby broke it down in a dance off with some of our friends! Gah! SO much fun!

There is so much more to talk about:
- our week long stay-cation
- record player and pimp LP's we now have
- something to collect as a couple
- my new glass mixing bowl for my kitchen aid/ and new head/ and ice-cream maker accessory!
- The Ben Miller Band
- a night in Diamond City with Justin & Jenny
- the handmade quilt my 84 year old neighbor made and gave to us as a gift.
- the scrapbook Mollie made and how YOU need to submit something to it.
- the spec house is done (on the inside) and up for sale
- and of course more on how wonderful my friends and family are. --- I am so blessed.

But those will have to be addressed later. 
Most of you probably stopped reading a long time ago. :-)




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy busy few days!!! So glad you enjoyed it and everything turned out well. I can't wait to see pictures of you guys in the rain!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April