Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Iron & Wine

My dearest, most dearest in the world Ashley Love. AKA My BFF BFFLOMGLOL Etc.
Works at UCA's Reynolds Performance Hall in Conway.
And SHE GOT ME IN TO SEE IRON AND WINE!

SHE IS THE BEST!!! I OWE HER BIGGGGGG!!!
Lets start off with the openers... Marketa Irglova and her band!
Phenomenal! I do apologize for these pictures they were taken BEFORE I figured out what the heck I'd done to my camera. Blast!

Marketa 

Ida from Iran... and I can't remember what her instrument is called but she ROCKED IT!

 
You might be wondering "Marketa, Marketa how do I know that name?"
She's from Once. Boom!
{side note, I walked down the aisle to the  instrumental version of this song 
redone by vitamin string quartet. Fun!} 

After Marketa finished Iron and Wine took the stage!

I don't know how I managed to "sit still" I wanted to dance SO bad but everyone was sitting and being good. Gah! Sam Beam was FANTASTIC!
I also want to say that his band was off the hook the sax player was SO talented. I wish I'd of gotten a better pic of him, he was kind of in the back...

After the show we were invited to go to the meet & greet! I was so excited I didn't even talk I just smiled and giggled GAH!!! Little did I know how wigged out I looked... I honestly didn't even remember if the picture was taken... yuh. STAR STRUCK! (I can mark that off my 30 before 30 list!) 


this is my favorite song from their latest album. 
if you get into it for real, check out the rest. they're wonderful!
Iron & Wine- Kiss Each Other Clean- Big Burned Hand 




1 comment:

  1. Are you fearing kidding me!!!!!!! I didn't realize you walked to vitamin string. They are on my Wedding video. I am jealous beyond belief!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April