Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday...

I love that our baby boy is 24 weeks and wiggling around like a little jumping bean. He's SO sweet and I haven't even met him yet. I already told James to be on the watch because I've got another {little} man who is about to steal my heart away!


Yesterday was my 24 week Dr's appointment. All is well, I drank 40 oz of water and the glucose drink before I got on the scale... mistake. So thanks to my thirst I'm showing an additional 6 lb gain putting me up to 12 lbs total... personally I'm taking two off due to water. dumb, dumb duuuumbbbb.
Anyway, Tru loved the glucose drink apparently... Dr. Partridge could barely get a HB read on him due to him flipping and flopping around. She is so sweet and truly sincere, made me all warm and fuzzy inside.
His HB was at 130 BPM and is growing like a weed!
We talked about cramps and she confirmed that I have been a "victim" of round ligament pain, but obviously not to worry it's normal and part of it. I also talked to her about when I'm on the elliptical that it feels like my uterus is pulling/tugging and she said to keep on keeping on. I'm happy about it because I burn about 280 calories in 30 minutes on the elliptical vs 100 calories in 30 minutes on the treadmill. Ight moving on...

{PS me & Easter candy have broken up... sad stuff. I think my thighs are relieved though}





I've been making smoothies lately! This could be a bad thing but it's really curbed my hunger in the AM's and since I'm making it myself I'm aware of what is "in there".
Here's my recipe... please PLEASE if you have any smoothie advice, send it my way...

note I don't measure diddly squat.
- 5-6 cubes of ice 
- a bit of 100% grapefruit juice
- a bit of 100% orange juice
- a tbs or more of Yoplait light yogurt
- a small banana
- 3-4 strawberries
 - TMI ingredient... miralax.
{oh yeah I just admitted it, I think all pregnant/troubled in this area people can appreciate this}

My dear friend Jenny Dillon brought me a Lifefactory water bottle as a "yay you're having a baby gift"
 I really, really like it, I've used it every single day since she gave it to me. I've caught James eye-balling it so I actually now leave it at work... or take it to the gym.
Yes it's glass, in a silicone sleeve... I have been so worried about dropping it.
It's inevitable, I drop stuff.
I dropped it on the concrete floor this weekend and it's fine...
I dropped it on gravel (okay it actually went flying off the roof of my car because I forgot it was up there) and it's fine...

So... I decided if it's April tough surely it's Truman tough... so I bought the little man a couple of bottles...

 My MIL is excited about them being glass as well. So these bottles are an investment but in the end it is better than plastic.

My Pioneer Woman Cookbook should be here today! This is the longest Amazon.com has ever taken! I ordered it two weeks ago! I now keep the Vol. 1 out on my counter top now,  I'm such an idiot for not looking at this LAST YEAR when I got it as a wedding gift.



I don't know if any of you use The Honest Company but I subscribed to it back in January for their monthly products, not their monthly diapers... I'll do that when the little man gets a bit bigger.
All of her products are Eco-friendly & bio-degradable.  So far we've used the hand soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, all purpose cleaner and dish soap and I've liked it all. A lot of it is fragrance free, but some things have a very mild smelling scent. I'm anxious to see what other mothers say about the diapers, they are chlorine free and bio-degradable as well. (Not to mention cute!)
Also right now they're still offering their free-trial on diapers and wipes!





And just an update I'm still staying strong on the NO Zulily, Totsy, Hautelook, Plum District etc etc.
My mom asked me to get on Zulily for her yesterday and get the little man some shoes... I of course obliged *squeal*


Interesting information on the lifefactory's website FAQ:

About their entire line:
  1. How is the Lifefactory Beverage Bottle different from (and better than) plastic or metal reusable bottles?
    First and foremost, it's glass, which means it's free of BPA, phthalate, PVC, and polycarbonate—nothing can leach into your water or other beverage in a glass bottle. Glass is also taste-neutral; no plastic or metallic taste will affect your beverage. The patent-pending silicone sleeve adds a distinctive touch to each bottle, and makes the bottle easier to grip and helps protect it from breakage. The silicone sleeve is also non-toxic and plastic-free. Finally, the wide-mouth design makes it easy to fill (add your own ice, citrus slices, tea bags, etc.), easy to drink from, and easy to clean.

About their baby bottles:
  1. Your new baby bottles say they are “thermal shock resistant”. What does this mean?
    Lifefactory is proud to bring one of the first borosilicate glass baby bottles to the American market. Borosilicate glass is pharmaceutical-grade glass that is more expensive, purer, and higher quality than other glass baby bottles that are made with soda lime. Thermal shock resistant means the glass is stronger and can withstand extreme temperature changes (from boiling to freezing) without breaking. Soda lime bottles do not have this quality. For mothers who pump and store breast milk, our bottles can go from freezer to refrigerator to hot water for feeding all in one step.

4 comments:

  1. sweet sweet shoes and I love the Honest stuff so far! You'll have to let me know about the diapers when the time comes :)
    Here's to sweet baby boys [toasts with a smoothie]!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll join you in that toast, but i'd like to toast with a reeses PB egg :)
      "guilt free!"

      Delete
  2. Wow that's cool. You crack me up. A lot of teachers use the Greek chiobani yogurt because all the added protein. Your smoothie sounds yummy though!
    Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you love the Pioneer Woman too! I made her stew last night in the cookbook and it was the best ever! Also, I am doing the smoothly thing too. It is the Body by Vi but currently on just one a day now. Full of fiber and protein!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April