Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hostess gifts

If you're hosting my shower, turn around, do not pass go, do not collect 200$, move on!!
Because I gotta share what you're getting as a hostess gift.

Go on!
Get!

...



There :)
I did DIY hostess gifts *cue applause*

Thank you, Pinterest!
Here's one:



I saved a little bit for myself, it's pretty epic. I use it on "Truman's territory" right now and it lasts a long, long time.
Also you don't need a double boiler just make your own with the pots you have.I recommend using a kitchen mixer, my kitchen-aid (I love you) that my MIL gave me worked superbly!
Also don't let it scare you at first it is super oily but it solidifies and it's great. Also- don't waste your time and money putting in essential oil, the coconut and almond overpower it. (note the smell on you is med/mild) ...
It passes the Official James Sniff Test so it's tolerable to men.

I didn't have enough to make nine 2 cup servings so some people are getting bath salt!


Except here's the recipe I used:
(makes 2 cups)
1 c. Borax
1/2 c. Epsom or Sea Salt
1/2 c. Baking soda
1/2 tea. Lavender soap fragrance
1/4 tea. Orange soap fragrance
1/4 tea. Sandalwood soap fragrance
(bath salt coloring to desired color)

I threw all of this (except I used equal parts honeysuckle and lavender scent)
in my kitchen-aid (I love you) mixer and mixed WELLLLLLLLLL and added the dye drops as it blended.

Also I used some of my thank you postcards for the packaging!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April