Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It's always better when we're together

Sunday night James and I were sitting in the living room and he looked over and said, "you know we get along pretty good". And I said "Us? Umm yeah!" it made me smile and it made me think for sure. I said to him, you realize our lives will never be the same here in about two months? It's crazy to think everything will change, all the way down to our nightly routines.

The way we think, speak, feel, love, sleep, eat, entertain, drive, pray and man I don't even know what else. It makes me tear up just thinking about it. 
I want our relationship to strengthen and grow through our child rearing days (and on) I've been thinking up ways to keep our marriage fresh and remember why we're here in the first place.

We are doers, planners and thinkers. Every day we're drumming up ideas for the future. Some that we know will never happen but hey it's fun to talk about!
Some nights we'll lie awake and talk about business, some nights it's fun ideas or adventures, and of course some nights we fall asleep before our heads hit the pillow.
I don't really know where I'm going with all of this, but I feel really inclined to give my two cents and marital advice...

Choose wisely, treat kindly.
Respect each other.
Love, laugh and flirt a lot.
Be a real woman for your man.
Be sweet.

I think that's it. Heck I've only been married a year, don't expect a book or anything.

Of course there's always Pinterest for marital ideas.



One more thing...
James gave me a wonderful mothers day gift.
(Special thanks to his saint of a sister for helping him, I owe you big time)




1 comment:

  1. Very sweet. So excited for you two! Mollie did great helping. I ran into her the other day and it was great to catch up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April