Monday, July 2, 2012

Sometime This MONTH!

... Our dynamic duo will become a trifecta of crazy!

I didn't get do blog about the 20 days until his due day so I'll make up for it by saying "15 days until his due day!!!"
Holy Smokes!
HOLY SMOOOOOKESSS!!!!

So here's what's new...


The Last Lake Trip
James  and I went to the lake this weekend with some friends! We had a wonderful time and they caught lots of fish. I caught one! So yeah that was my first and last fish of the summer 2012 which is a pretty big bummer that I didn't get to go fish more but what can ya do? I've been so busy this summer and now my traveling days are toast for quite awhile. 
my catfish!
James' 15 lb carp

Buoyant
One of the funniest things I realized is how buoyant Truman and I are in this utero stage. I got in the water a lot this weekend to cool off and when I finally came back in I'd climb up the ladder and it was a shocking realization "this kid weighs a lot!" like my arms as they were pulling my body up were like: "Seriously? You're effing kidding me. Who do you think we are Arnold Schwarzenegger's arms!?"  
It was crazy/shocking/disheartening. Here's a major perk though! I hear having a newborn will give your arms wicked strength! Woot! 

 
 

 And the best news of all:
My friend had her baby and she is gorgggg!!!!!
 


Makenzie has quite a neat birth story on her new daughter Lynnlee (Gorgeous) Grace
Thursday she came in to see me before her weekly cervical check and said that she'd been mildly contracting all day. *progress!?* So she said "I'll text you and and let you know what they say".
So she texts at ~4:00 and says she was still dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced, no progress so apparently there was no reason to keep her. She went home Thursday night and started having regular contractions with increasing intensity so she went in at 1:30 AM Friday morning and stayed until 3:30 AM. Her contractions were strong, but not enough to dilate her past a 2 still... so they gave her the choice to go home or stay there and see what happens. They chose to go home and wait it all out.  
Disclaimer: Makenzie and I live in the country, she lives even more so in the country putting her home about 45-50 minutes from the hospital. 
So they went home thinking that baby girl would show up maybe Friday afternoon/Friday night. NOT the case! They got home a little after four AM, her water broke at home at ~6:00 AM and Lynnlee was here (luckily in the hospital) at 7:16 AM. No drugs, no nothing.
... Well she say's they gave her an ibuprofen...
WOOOOOOW!!!
 I was just blown away, I'm amazed by her strength and courageousness. I'm so proud of her. I got to see Miss Lynnlee Friday night and I cried like a little baby (I actually cried more than the little baby). She is perfect!


38 Weeks Dr Apt for TMan

Check went well, definitely retaining some fluid but not miserable. More effacing and dilation has occurred. And my next apt is in 10 days! Torture!!!



Poll at the side of the blog!
Comment/email if you'd like you place ya bets!

6 comments:

  1. What a big catfish you caught! I have only fished a handful of times, and the fish are always so small that I catch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby will be here before you know it!! Enjoy your last few days as a family of two :-)
    My guess is July 21st at 4:23am - 7 lbs, 14 oz and 21 inches long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. July 15th 11 pm - 19 in 8 lbs 4 oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. So soon!!! And what an awesome birth story for your friend. So fast (for the most part)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Kenzie and Elmer, she's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never caught a fish NEARLY that big. So cool! ANd that baby is just so cute.

    Thank you so much for linking up! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April