I've just been awarded the Liebster Blog Award! Liebster is German for "favorite" and Jen Fort chose me as one of her favorites!
Here's the Rules:
1. List 11 things about yourself..
2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you
3. Choose 11 bloggers
4. Create a set of 11 new questions for the 11 people you tag.
5. Absolutely no tag backs
6. The bloggers have to have fewer than 200 followers.
7. Go inform them that you nominated them for the award
11 things about mehself:
1. I'm still scared shitless about being a parent.
2. Classic case of a Jack of All Trades, Master of None. --- I love doing new things and getting all set up ie-
buying a camera wanting to photograph everything- let the camera collect dust. (however Im wearing out my iPhone camera)
Buy a cycle, want to cycle all the time- let the tires go flat from lack of use (I do have a good excuse with the whole pregnancy/new baby thing)
3. I believe that there's something in a name. For instance I've never met a Jennifer, Jessica or Ashley (and all the names variations) that I didn't like.
And in light of recent realizations- Brittany's! Hehe
4. I am pretty sure you could make a drinking game out of my blog.
- take a shot for every time she puts something in quotation marks or parentheses.
- take a shot for every time she mentions breast feeding
- take a shot for every time she gives Truman a nickname
5. I'm a closet nerd. James makes fun of me all the time. Took him awhile to realize he was dating a dork/nerd/geek whatever.
6. I almost always have a song stuck in my head on repeat. It gets pretty annoying. Today's song was "Bubba Shot the Jukebox" where the H do these things come from?
7. I'm left handed- to a fault. My poor right hand can click a mouse and that's about it!
8. I'm still wedding obsessed. I can't help it I looooove planning stuff like that!
9. I wear my hair in a pony tail every. single. day. I don't even know why I bother having hair. I couldn't care less about fixing it. Lord knows one day this "youthful athletic look" is gonna be too young for me and I gotta buck up and fix my hair like a big kid.
10. I LOVE to laugh and laugh loud! My father and I are knee slappers and hand clappers too.
Came by it honestly.
11. I put a lot of pressure on myself to meet the expectation I think others have set for me. I'm getting better at this, guess that comes with age and having two (three if you count hank) people who depend on me to be there for them first.
Jen Forts Questions:
If you were to have another baby, what would you name him/her?
- if we had another boy I really like Archer. James is named after his ggrandpa- Archie James and I think it's a modern twist on Archie.
What did you want to be when you grow up?
- It seriously changed from week to week. - scientist, astronaut, librarian just to name a few.
Favorite vacation spot?
- Give me mountains and/or water and I'm a happy happy girl. Put them together like say, Alaska and I could stay forever!
Favorite drink (alcoholic or non)?
- Beer, the darker the better.
One thing you admire about your spouse?
- His patience!!! I thank God for it every day!
Who is your role model?
- I have several but here's what they all have in common- they are all very kind hearted, they are positive, they don't speak badly of anyone & they are elegant ladies.
What celeb would you hang with for a day?
- Mayim Bialik and I would drive her bonkers with parenting questions.
Favorite beauty product?
- Gosh I don't know. I really like my chicken poop chap stick.
Least favorite thing about your job?
- Heh. Um... Sorry to say but my job rocks. Especially since Tman gets to go with me!
What's your signature meal?
- I'm a breakfast gal- oatmeal and ham & egg sandwich!
Inspired by the rain today...what's your idea of the best lazy, rainy, day?
- Today was such a great day, best rainy day I've had in awhile. We had the day off so Tru & I slept until 11:00 and we pretty much nursed and watched movies all day. No expectations just some quiet togetherness.
Perk- James came home early too!
My Questions to you:
1. Tell me something quirky about you?
2. What would be your ideal concert? (no limits to if they're around or not anymore)
3. If you could live anywhere for a year where would you live and what makes that place so special?
4. What's your guilty pleasure?
5. If you HAD to be a doctor, what type of doctor would you be and why?
6. If you could be a star in any movie, what movie and who would you be?
7. What's your favorite restaurant & what would you recommend there?
8. What's your favorite holiday and why?
9. What's your ideal weekend?
10. What's a hobby you've always wanted to take up?
11. What's your favorite store to shop at? (either in store or online)
Jenna @ Bellies & Babies
Beth @ Something to talk about
Jenny @ Watch the Dillons
Brittany @ Ramblings of a Little wife
Brittany @ Razorback Britt
Lenora @ Confessions of a Marine Wife
Rikki @ No I don't have a water buffalo
Jenny @ Growing family
Jess @ The Coffmans
Jen @ The Hottinger house
Emily @ Making the McMillians
Brittany @ The Florer board
And who ever else! By all means!