What I wish I would have known/remembered about the first few weeks...
- That first night home when he nursed for hours on end, totally normal.
- When people say its hard but it gets easier is true.
- And by hard, they mean it in every way, emotionally, mentally & even sometimes physically.
- It's called nursing for a reason, they don't always go to the breast for food only.
- S/he's going to want to be with you constantly, s/he'll prefer you over anyone else because you are all s/he's ever known.
- Just because others hold her/him and s/he doesn't like it does not mean there's a problem.
- Dairy is the enemy (ha kidding a bit)
- babies are gassssy.
- search for a pediatrician that jives with you.
- stock up on batteries
- they're a heck of a lot tougher than you give them credit.
- try to live in the moment when you can. They will never be this small again.
- remember in tough times: "this too shall pass."
- You will gain a momma bear instinct: you'll be prepared to kill anything that may harm.
- every baby is different!
- those smiles/giggles and coos own your soul.
- your life for awhile will revolve around poop.
- You learn more and more as you go.
* I'm seriously going to make myself re-read this when I'm pregnant with our second child.
What do you wish you'd known/remembered?