Friday, December 21, 2012

Baby food

I've been excited about feeding Tru since he was two months old. It wasn't until he turned three months that we made the decision to delay solids until he's 6+ months old for GI and other digestive reasons. Now that he's honing on on five months I decided to go ahead and start batch cooking and freezing. Really the only reason I started with asparagus is because we had extra leftover from dinner and I didn't want to throw it out.
Since cooking the asparagus I made a mega trip to Sam's Club and bought avocados, bananas, green beans, apples, pears, white and sweet potatoes. I've only made the white potatoes since because everything is currently pretty green.
Anyways, so far so good. I'm still on board for cooking his own stuff. I DO think after doing this batch cooking I won't go out and but the 50lb bag of potatoes and stick to normal non bulk veg and fruit because I made a mega amount of white potatoes for him.

White potato party at my house! Bring your bibs!

"It's baby food, and I helped!" says Hank








2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I love making my babies' food. And yeah, definitely don't buy anything in bulk. A little bit goes a lonnnng way, which I guess you figured out from the potatoes. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! Justin got a rubber ice cube tray (for whiskey rocks) for Christmas and I commented that it would be great for making baby food LOL. I'm so proud of you for making your own food! I'm glad you are paving the way so I can get the 101 when its my turn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April