Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cloth Diapering: Day 1

They don't feel anything like what I thought they would on the outside. --- not in a bad way.

Apparently there's a trick to using laundry detergent, I've read to use 1/2 the recommended amount on the box. --- I threw the detergent box away and put it all in a jar. :-X

So far they have contained all of his business except for when I was working with the inner leg holes.

... Speaking of working on the insides if they're not comfortable he's damn sure letting me know.

They make his butt look big!

Definitely need 12+ diapers.

We got GroVia Hybrids & Biosoakers at Terra Tot's yesterday. ;-X

Prefolds don't scare me any more either!



In other words: Bring. It. On! :)


4 comments:

  1. One of my good friends does all cloth diapers, and Chris and I have decided that we want to do the same. I've seen several different kinds...including the ones with the 'inserts' and the ones with velcro vs the 'snaps' and all that. McKenna (the baby) is 5 months old and has never had a diaper rash or a blowout...pretty impressive. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good Jen! I really like these AIO OS's
      When he "goes" he really does a number and so I washed as directed:
      - cold rinse no detergent
      - hot wash then cold rinse + 1 TBS Country Save Detergent
      And it came out and the pads and diapers were as white as can be!
      I'm thrilled with them so far, I'm ready for the rest of my order to get here so we can go FT on them!
      <3 Happy Holidays!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April