Thursday, January 31, 2013

Six Months Old!


Wow! Little man is SIX MONTHS OLD!
AHHH What the heck happen!?!
We weighed him on his 1/2 birthday and he weighed 19 lbs 3 oz and is 27" long!



Five Month Recap:

Shortly after Christmas Day we all got head colds.

Poor T I couldn't believe he got it too and how sickly sad he was.
I really took a toll on my heart and I couldn't help but think of all the mommies out there with sick babies and how HARD it has to be for them. *bows* you're so strong mommies, I'm not worthy!

Day One of the Cold :-/
Since then things have been great.
He wanted to stay up a few nights until like 12:30 and finally I realized it was so he could practice his new skills, like rolling over. We'd go to his room and turn the night light on and I'd let him practice then he'd go right to sleep!
In his 5th month he learned how to roll over from belly to back (on his own for fun not out of discomfort) and he rolls from back to sides.
He also started sitting up the last week of his 5th month! I kept a boppy behind him because sometimes he'd bobble and fall to the back or side.
And he started doing a mini-pushup all the time now during tummy time.
We also let him try solids a week before he turned 6 months. I kind of felt like I was "failing" the no solids before 6 months... however he didn't like and still doesn't care for solids. So he's like 99.8% EBF Still today (2 weeks later)
I keep reminding myself and my folks that anything before one is just for fun!


playing in my crib. 

"he's teething" haha. crazy stuff. 


Midnight Madness


Started giving kisses! <3 td="">




bath at Mimi & Grump-pa's 

Discovered and LOVES the sippy cup! 




Giggles crazily when you sniff his feet and tell him "shoooo" 


Tried our first bite of banana a week before we turned 6 months and we were NOT a fan. 

I don't really like solids... just the utensils 

Daddy's razorback shirt! 



3 comments:

  1. OK maybe I'm jumping the gun a little here but I'm signed up the receive notifications when you make a new blog post and I didnt get one. Ok now I sound like a stalker. Let me explain when I logged on to my blog to create a new post at the bottom it shows "blogs I follow" below and I saw this post which i hadnt been notified of. The reason I mention it is because I've had a few saying even though they signed up (through the same company you use) they arent getting emails when I post a new blog. LMK if you hear anything about this.....Moving onto MUCH cuter things. Ummm Tru I love you. I love you. I love you. Your chubby cheeks and rolls are the cutest thing I've ever seen in my whole life. The peaking through the crib slats has to be an award winning picture. I watched the vids from twitter when he took his first bite of food. Mia actually spit hers out not knowing how to swallow a solid so he has an advantage there. It takes some time to adjust from bland BM to shocking foods. I'm sure soon I'll see a video of him shaking his fist and grunting for a new bite right after you've shoved one in as Mia did eventually. But like you said food is for fun so thank goodness your milk seems to be Manna from heaven obviously. You are such a joy Tru!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! He's 6 months old ALREADY! If I'd waited any longer to read your blog, he'd be in college.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April