Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What the babies loving Wednesday

T-Rex has taught me that if it's not a toy, it's the best toy. This must be ingrained in a little boys just as little girls don't like to share their real toys--- primal behavior at its finest!

Between phone cords, candy boxes, pieces of paper, moms tumbler we've finally agreed on a good non-toy, toy.

Squish Measuring Spoons
These have that loud banging sound that our wild one likes as well as some silicone for chewing!

Other than sing-song books this book happens to be T-Rex's favorite. He laughs every single time I read it to him... and I'm not even kidding, he laughs at the "No No" pages nine times out of ten.

No No Yes Yes by Leslie Patricelli



Doggies by Sandra Boynton is a very close second-

If you've been following my posts since Christmas, James and I decided to start putting T-Rex on a potty to go to the bathroom (#2 mostly) and we've had great success. Really.
I really hope I don't jinx this but I couldn't tell you the last time I changed a poo diaper.
TMI Time: his BM is pretty formed and he will flat wait until we sit him on his pot to do his business.

Baby Bjorn Potty Chair

Baby Led Weaning (BLW) is the best, and easiest thing we've done to date.
I will admit I was VERY excited about making T-Rex's own baby food, we have the baby bullet and all of the accessories imaginable as well as an endless supply of gallon freezer bags and 1:1 silicone ice cube trays for bath freezing. I ran to Sam's Club a few weeks before he turned six months and worked my @$$ off in the kitchen for a week every night pureeing and blending foods and throwing them in the freezer.

When we started to introduce solids it went like this:
Me: "say ahh, take a bite T... say ahh"
T-Rex: -- tight lipped, throwing hands, trying to grab the spoon, throwing shit fits.
it was awesome...
 ... yeah.

So that all being said I could have saved well over 100$ had we of started BLW to begin because all you really need is some decent bibs and creativity.
Bumkins Sleeved Bib
T-Rex loves avocado, and so does his mom and dad, we all split one and it works out perfect.
However, the only thing that doesn't work out perfect is that avocado freaking stains clothes.
So this little gem is perfect for us! (or naked baby, your choice)
because after all BLW is like this:
not this:


Lastly, the sippy cup mom doesn't hate entirely...



 Happy Wednesday y'all

2 comments:

  1. Woah when did bib's start coming with sleeves? Congrats on the potty! I cannot believe that! Its amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need that book for sure! And you might have an extra Dr. Brown's sippy cup coming at ya b/c B hates that one! Crazy babes :-)
    Seriously, the bib with sleeves... genious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April