Wednesday, May 22, 2013

5k training



A few weeks ago we did Race for the Cure in Bentonville AR. Tru absolutely loved being in his stroller and around the crowd so James and I got to talking and decided that we should get a jogging stroller so we could walk the chip-seal and gravel in our area.
Well just a few days after ordering our stroller my co worker hit me up about running a 5K in August, The Color Vibe  and I was 110% on board, I NEED something to get my mind on getting in shape. I have no idea what I weigh, but I know it's not pretty. My jeans and shirts are like "APRIL too much stress please stop or we will explode!" What better than to have my darling husband and son accompany me on weekly runs to train for a 5K where people pelt you with packets of colored corn starch!?
I don't have any pictures of us running because it's not a pretty sight of me. I get red red red and look like I could keel over. Nothing new, I always get red.
James however has lost 25 lbs since January and looks so good! If he's not pushing the stroller he can flat leave me and Tru in the dust.
So yeah, we're starting week three of Couch to 5K tonight and with every week I'm embracing it with anxiety and doubt... inspiring huh? But here's the deal, I DO IT and I'm like "Bitch please, I got this"
Even though this is a non-timed, non-competitive 5K "moving party" I still want to train because this will not be the only run I do! 

By the way, if you'd like to join our Color Vibe team, our team name is Fat Mom Slim :)


3 comments:

  1. Way to go! Training is so hard! You can totally rock it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get it girl! I am just now able to run with Em in the jogging stroller. She used to hate it! So we try to go a couple times a week. It's tough pushing the stroller! I'm happy you are enjoying it! Good luck in August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! You and Lindsey G are both 5k training. I need to get my lazy butt in gear! LOVE that stroller. I had the same one for Momma Mia.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April