Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Twenty one.


So I got a brilliant idea the other day to put numbers (say 3-102) in random.org and whatever number pops up I write a letter to myself at that age. Well the next day I was skimming my bloglovin feed and saw where ladies were linking up and writing to their 21 year-old selves. So I decided I'd start there today. 

So, twenty one, twentyone, 2-1, twenty freaking one. 

I can remember not-so patiently waiting to be this age, it seemed like it would be an eternity before I could legally drink, and go to bars. I can also remember that this is the year that Ashley got married, and that I started dating someone who was albeit fun, but bad. This was also my senior year in college, and then beginning of new era for me.  SO if I was going to write a letter to my 21 year old self here's how it'd go. 

Dear 21 year old April,

It's taken me a week or more to write this... and I've changed my mind a lot about what I would say. At first I wanted to scold you, because looking back you had it so much better than you realize, but what would that solve? So here goes, point style:
• Travel, travel, travel
You should be out on the road with your buddies, going to concerts, camping, midnight adventures, you name it. Go and go now!
• give it a rest
Choose the people in your life, a d treat kindly. You'll be a happier person because of it. No room for negativity. 
• Tamara
Hug her extra hard, and take her up on more of her requests to go to dinner or do anything. She loves you, and you're going to miss her. Also, learn just how serious her condition is and ask more about it. 
• boys/dating
I don't want to tell you to do anything differently, but just know that people come in and out of your life to teach you lessons. Hold on tight, because you'll soon meet your future husband. 
• school 
Homework is not the devil, enjoy college. 
• spare time
Pick up a sustainable hobby like jogging, walking or something. It's empowering and helps your self esteem!
• habits
Don't smoke, not even socially, or while drinking. It's very unbecoming and you need to rise above it. As far as drinking goes: good news, as it turns out you don't have to drink to have a good time! 
• trust more
Trust yourself, your friends and family. They love you so much, and you're a lot more intuitive than you give yourself credit. 
 



Ok I think that's it <3 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April