Thursday, August 15, 2013

All About April

Hiya Friends!

I've been avoiding writing about T turning a yaer, and his 11-month recap like the plague.
I feel like if I write about it on here, then that's it... that's the final step of him going from a baby to a toddler... so I'm holding out.

I wanted to write a little about what's going on with me...

I've been a mother for a year now, and I'm enjoying it so very much. I have encountered a few (dozen) mothering/new parent hurdles though. One that really comes to the forefront of my mind these past few days/weeks is losing my identity as April, and solely being mom. I realize this is going to sound like I'm complaining, but I'm mostly just trying to get my feelings out there, and not expect a solution but "time will change all these things and I'll look back and miss this."
...but in the mean time...
I really do feel like I'm losing me, I feel like I'm losing my identity as wife and friend too.
I guess what I'm trying to say is "momma needs some me time before she goes crazy."
We eat, sleep, work, play, you name it, together. I get a decent shower like one time a week because James will take him outside and walk around with him, or play in his room with him.
I feel like this is something that we should have already overcome with him but it's still going on.
And as far as the bathroom goes... forget about being in there alone, or for an extended period of time.
I KNOW all you moms are laughing at me because this is most likely your life too. heh.
I just know that if I don't get some me time I'm not going to be able to be the best mom I can be, and that's a perfectly valid and understandable feeling to have.
I realize I need to make some expectation adjustments and go with the flow better too.

My semi-hiatus on social network...
I quit my facebook a few weeks ago, I'd been petering out on it for a little while and found that I was always looking at it when I had any extra time and always saying/thinking "this is so dumb, there's nothing new on here or it's the same people complaining etc" So one day I thought "eff it", and I deleted the app off my phone. Well my darling BROTHER kept tagging me in places like "April's at Hooters in Las Vegas with Morgan and two others" and I'd asked him to quit that because it was doing nothing but annoying me and making me secretly envious that I wasn't out with doing something somewhere... and he wouldn't quit it... so I deactivated it for awhile, and I am happy about it.
*I'm trying to put that old FB energy into utilizing my fitness pal.

Trying to be frugal but failing...
I did the whole "wash your face with oil" and "no-poo shampoo" thing for like 5-6 weeks awhile ago. It wasn't bad and I think it really helped clear up my face. I'm almost always sporting a few zits and as of a few weeks now I'm pretty sure I've just had one! (plus some much needed sunshine may have helped)
The reason I went back... It's kind of a semi-hassle to be completely honest. There was one day I didn't get all of the baking soda out (or didn't put enough in?) and my hair felt like skank for four or five days. Plus I had all of this shampoo and facial cleanser just sitting there, already paid for and everything... so I'm trying to use up what I already have, then I'll use up my baking soda/vinegar castor oil etc., and go from there.

Mini-escapes
Alright let me just admit, my life is awesome. I have my health, love, happiness, sunshine, rainbows and unicorn farts OK lets just admit it. 

Moving on...
I watch Glee... I actually think I may be caught up to the fourth season now. I thought I'd hate it, and so I just Netflix-ed S1 D1 awhile ago to see what I thought about it... well multiple discs later, I really like it. I like that I can have it on while T is sleeping and watch it while hes laying with me, or have it on in the background while getting dinner ready, playing with T, doing laundry etc and not feel like I'm missing much because I couldn't care less about their drama or sexually confused issues they have. I just like the music :) I like that they sing songs I know and I can sing them around the house and dance with T, and that makes me happy.
We've also been known to watch Dexter and Trueblood late-er at night, but are several weeks behind.

Dinner...
James and I watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" a few months ago and got inspired to try our hand at juicing. We juice for dinner 5-6x a week or try to make one meal every day a juice meal. We've seriously been doing this all summer long and I personally have enjoyed it.
Here's whats up:
We eat "normally" for breakfast and lunch and at home we juice with our juicer and be done with it.
I personally don't think I've lost any weight, but I know I haven't gained any and I feel pretty good too! 
Here's another reason why I like it: Dinner is done, it's not a "what's for dinner" drama saga every single day for me. It's "Do we have cucumber, celery, apple, kale, spinach, lemon, ginger, beets, cabbage? Alright lets do this!" every night, and I like that! Also I really like that we have a "cool kitchen" and I mean that in the temperature sense... I don't have the stove top burning nor the oven or microwave, nothing putting out heat!! I love this SO much!
Yet another reason I love it:
my grocery trips are FAST!!!!! and efficient! I go in to the produce section, get what I need, run by the dairy section to get some almond milk, maybe swing in and get a couple things for T and
BOOM: ~ 50-60$ and I'm out the DOOR!
Alright enough of that, I feel like I'm trying to sell you on this, but I'm not... just totting out my happiness of the simplicity, and health of dinner lately.

Whelp, this was pretty long winded...
Hoping to soon update about our family vacation and T's birthday party while its all still semi-relevant.

2 comments:

  1. I love your honesty. I think thats why we became friends so quickly. I understand the feeling of losing your identity especially as a BFing mom. I agree you need some April time. My parents went on a date every friday even if they were poor and just drove around. It saved my moms sanity as a SAHM of 4 and it kept my parents as husband and wife instead of just Mom & Dad. Never feel guilty for taking some April time. It makes you a better mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. muah jen, thank you for the support and understanding!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April