Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Velvety Sweet Potato Soup

Sorry in advance,
I made this collage on my phone, and apparently my phone and blogger hate each other.

This Soup was pretty darn good, especially if you have some of these ingredients already around the house, it calls for fresh thyme, but dried would be just fine. I really enjoyed it, I thought it tastes like something you'd eat at a bistro, James, my husband, wasn't in love with it like me.

Compliments of eMeals


Velvety Sweet Potato Soup

Ingredients:
2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in to 2-inch pieces
5 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 TBS chopped fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
2 TBS butter
3/4 TEA Salt 3/4 TEA Pepper
3 Green Onions

Instructions:
 Combine, potatoes, broth, onion, garlic, thyme and bay leaf in 5 - 7 qt slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours
Mash with potato masher until smooth
strain mixture though a strainer over a bowl, pressing with a spatula to release all the liquid
(this sound weird, but work with me here)
discard solids
stir in cheese, sour cream, butter and S & P
Stir until butter melts
sprinkle with green onions and serve 




SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH EMEALS MEAL PLANS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April