Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cheesecake

Cheesecake, yummy, fluffy, simple and perfect cheesecake. 
My Aunt Brandy makes the best cheesecake! Like, I'm pretty sure she IS the Cheesecake Factory. I'd definitely say making cheesecake is a form of art, and I'm still in the finger-painting stage.
Mine cracked a bit, but you know what? It didn't effect the taste! I sent her a picture and she suggested looking into a "warm bath", so I went and did just that for about an hour but I decided it wasn't worth the hassle like she said. Plus I was ready to drink a beer.

It was fun to text her pictures of my progress, and use my Euna Mae's Vanilla. I'm constantly trying to channel my inner Euna Mae, Ree Drummond, and grandmothers when I cook. My stomach, hips and thighs are proof! *blush*
you only live once! 





Aunt B's Cheesecake
 A Northwest Cheesecake Supreme recipe

Servings:Serves 10-12

INGREDIENTS

CRUST
  • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (approx 6 crackers)
  • 3 Tbs sugar
  • 3 Tbs butter/margarine, melted 
FILLING
  • 4 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 Tbs flour
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 Tbs vanilla
  • 1 21oz can cherry pie filling 

DIRECTIONS

  • 1
    Combine graham cracker crumbs, 3 Tbs sugar, and butter/margarine; press onto bottom of 9" springform pan. Bake at 325°, 10 minutes.
  • 2
    Combine cream cheese, sugar and flour, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in sour cream and vanilla; pour over crust.
  • 3
    Bake at 450°, 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°; continue baking 1 hour.
  • 4
    Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Chill.
  • 5
    Top with pie filling just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April