Tuesday, February 11, 2014

savory popcorn



Every once in awhile my husband and I pull out the ol popcorn popper and pop us some popcorn. James is very traditional, and likes it with just a tiny bit of butter, me I like to garnish it with something sweet or cheesy. Well, to say the least I kind of got into a popcorn rut!
Giada has a interesting twist on popcorn, a more savory way of having it. So I modified it and gave it a shot, yummy, yummy! This recipe is now my go-to for our popcorn creations!

Popcorn with Herbs de Provence 
inspired by Giada

1/4 Cup olive oil (or any healthy, light oil you have on hand)
2 large garlic cloves, minced. (or 1/2 TEA dried, minced garlic)
1 1/2 TEA dried herbs de provence*, crumbled.
1 1/2 TEA sea salt, (maybe try kosher salt or coarse ground)

*HdP consists of:
basil, fennel seed, lavender, marjoram, rosemary, sage, summer savory and thyme
so, if you don't have any, but have some of the above, give those a try! 

Your popcorn amount and oil as desired.
we do ~ 1/4 C oil and 1/2 C popcorn

Instructions:
In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 C oil, the garlic and the HdP. Cook over medium about 3 minutes, remove from heat and let stand. 
Pop your popcorn, via stove top, microwave, popper etc.
once popcorn is popped, put popped corn in a large bowl and drizzle oil mixture (strain off garlic and HdP if desired). Mix together and sprinkle in salt.
Enjoy either hot or room temp!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April