Saturday, February 15, 2014

Spicy Peanut and Vegetable Stew With Couscous and Cilantro


This was surprisingly yummy, healthy and so pretty! I was in the process of prepping the vegetables, and thought to myself "Why am I cooking this? No ones going to like it." 
Au contraire, negative thoughts! 
It's delish! 

This makes a huge pot
 I'd say it serves 6-10 people. 



Spicy Peanut and Vegetable Stew
With Couscous and Cilantro 
Prep: 10-15 minutes
Cook: 20

28 oz can of diced tomatoes, undrained
1 lb Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
3 sweet potatoes, peeled & diced 
2 carrots, sliced
1 large onion, sliced 
2 cloves garlic, chopped 
5 C. Vegetable broth, divided
6 oz can tomato paste
2/3 C. Raisins 
1/2 tea salt
1/2 tea crushed red pepper 
1 C. Natural peanut butter
6 oz package couscous
2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro 

Instructions: 
Combine tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic in large Dutch oven
 (6 qt +) or saucepan. Add 4 C. broth; bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes. 

While stew is simmering make couscous according to package. 

Stir together remaining 1 C. Broth, tomato paste, raisins, salt, crushed red pepper, stir broth mixture into stew and cook stirring every 2 minutes. Whisk in peanut butter, whisking until blended and stew is thoroughly heated. Serve with couscous and Cilantro.  

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH EMEALS MEAL PLANS

1 comment:

  1. This is way out of my comfort zone - I only cook like 5 meat and potato type dishes. It looks yummy though and I have got to get some new recipes since my diet has changed so drastically. Glad I found your blog! ~ Steph

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April