Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tried and True Brownies

This brownie recipe belongs to Tru's great-great grandmother, Mary. Everyone in the Jech family makes them and all you have to say is "Mary's brownies" and it's like, "Awe yeah! Gimmie!".
I hope you like them as much as we all have!

Also notice on the recipe card, If recipe cards could talk this one would say, "look, I know what I'm doing so just follow along and don't veer off, sheesh!"Although I never met her, I have a pretty good feeling she was a little spit-fire!



Mary's Brownies
James's Great-Grandma

Ingredients-
2 eggs
1 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 TEA vanilla extract 
1 stick of butter
2 squares (2 oz) of unsweetened chocolate
Instructions-
Preheat oven 350 F 
Melt butter in brownie pan. This serves duel purpose, melts butter and greases pan. Melt chocolate in separate pan. 
Beat eggs, add sugar, flour and vanilla, mix well by hand. Add melted butter and chocolate to mix, mix by hand, not in mixer. 
Be sure to scrape out butter well so brownies won't be greasy. Pour mix into 8x8 pan and bake for 20 minutes, no more, no less.


2 comments:

  1. stick of butter? of course they are good! I want them right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. every things better with a stick o butter!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April