Monday, March 17, 2014

Chicken & Avocado Soup with Crispy Tortilla Strips



So, I'm dieting.

That's why I've been kinda missing in action, plus the food I've been cooking hasn't been very photo worthy, but nonetheless it's tasty. Everyone in my family must suffer with me.
I made this soup over the weekend, you can make it stove top, but I decided to throw it in the Crockpot for a couple of hours while we went to get seeds for our garden, let it run on low for 2 hours and it was good to go! I love, love, love that you can make this with a ready-made rotisserie chicken too.

Chicken & Avocado Soup with Crispy Tortilla Strips 
Serves 6
Carbs for Soup: 7 net
Carbs for Tortilla Strips: 11 net
^^^^ Whatever any of that means I don't really know, but some do! 

Soup Ingredients:
2 tea Olive Oil
4 geeen onions, chopped (I opted for 1/2 a yellow onion) 
2 cloves garlic, minced 
6 C chicken broth 
1/4 tea cumin
3 C shredded rotisserie chicken 
2 Ripe Avocados, pitted, peeled and diced
1/2 C chopped cilantro
1 lime cut into 6 wedges 

Strips Ingredients:
6 Corn tortilla's cut into 1 inch strips
2 TBS Canola Oil

Optional: any additional spices you desire and whatever veggies

Instructions:
Heat oil in large pot over medium heat, add onions and garlic; saute about 2 minutes.
add tomato, saute 1 minute.
add broth, cumin, and chicken; simmer, covered about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile: Cook tortillas in a skillet in batches cook 2-3 minutes on each side turning once, press in between paper towels afterwards.
Top 6 individual servings with avocado, cilantro, and a lime wedge 
and however many strips your little heart desires. 





 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April