Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mommom's Pineapple & Coconut Pie

A few weeks ago I was looking through one of my (self proclaimed) "Humble Cookbooks", Humble Cookbooks meaning, ones made possible by community for a purpose. In this case it was "A Taste of Heaven" By the Harrison Methodist Church. I love looking at cookbooks by communities, families, churches, organizations, pretty much anyone not super famous.
I love looking though them searching for familiar, or new recipes by names new, old, familiar and not. This cookbook has a lot of Mommom's recipes in it, and I felt much obliged to share one with you all. Mommom was James' grandmother, she a classy lady, full of wisdom, forgiveness, faith, patience, compassion, family love and just enough attitude to always give you a good chuckle. 

Here's a couple of my favorite pics of Mommom 


This pie was pretty dang good. Everyone at Sunday supper last week gave it a thumbs up!
Mommom actually titles this pie as "Dang Good Pie" in her entry!  I googled "pineapple and coconut pie" and a lot of entries came up, even one link said "this is in every church cookbook I own". So it doesn't really appear to have a name. So call it what you will, just as long as you make it with love.

Here's My:
Mommom's Pineapple & Coconut Pie
 enjoy



Mommom's Pineapple 
and Coconut Pie 

1 1/4 C sugar
2 T flour 
3 eggs
1 stick butter
1 C coconut
1 C crushed pineapple, drained 


Mix together: Sugar, flour, eggs and butter until butter melts. Add pineapple and coconut. Pour into uncooked pie shell and bake at 350 for for 35-40 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. Austyn calls me mommom sometimes. Also, I think I have to make this pie. Sigh. I am never going to be skinny again.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April