Thursday, March 20, 2014

Santa Fe Salmon with Roasted Green Beans


I've got three words for you:

Three. Ingredient. Dish. 

that's what I'm talkin' bout. 


There are a couple of "buts" and disclaimers:

1. That isn't a salmon, its a trout. I grabbed it on accident in a hurry at the grocery store, and didn't notice until I went to put it in the pan. Good news: it's delicious!
2. The recipe calls to cook in a skillet, I cooked this (on the half-shell) at 425 for 15 minutes.

moving on! 


Santa Fe Salmon
with Roasted Green Beans

6 salmon filets, thawed and patted dry
10 oz can Mexican Ro-tel (aka diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro) drained well.
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise

(salt and pepper to taste)

Combine tomatoes and mayonnaise in a small bowl.

If cooking on the half shell coat the meat side only, if cooking by filet, coat both sides with tomato mixture.

Do the above mentioned if cooking in the oven.
if using the skillet:
Coat both sides and place in hot, oiled skillet. Add remaining tomato mixture to skillet, cover; cook salmon 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.


Roasted Green Beans

16 oz fresh green beans, trimmed
2 TEA of olive oil
1/4 TEA Garlic Powder
2 TBS grated Parmesan cheese

preheat oven to 425   -- See why I baked it?
line baking sheet with aluminum foil
lay beans over foil; drizzle evenly with oil.
season with salt, pepper, and garlic, toss to coat.
bake 10 minutes, stir and bake 5 minutes more. 
remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese*

*We didn't have grated Parmesan cheese, so I winged it and used the shredded that I had. Probably would have been just as well omitting it all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April