Recipe selected from the eMeals Slow Cooker Clean Eating Family Plan.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5-oz) can organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 cups reserved chopped brisket and 1 cup sauce (from Brisket and Onions recipe)
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 (12-oz) whole-wheat baguette, halved lengthwise
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add onion and bell pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and chili powder; cook 1 minute.
- Add brisket and sauce and brown sugar; stir.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil baguette, cut sides up, until toasted.
- Cut each half into 3 pieces; top with brisket mixture.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 dill pickle spears
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut potatoes into wedges; toss with oil, and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with sandwiches and pickles.