Friday, October 9, 2015

Stitch Fix. My Maternity Experience

I just wanted to take a minute and tell you all about my Maternity Stitch Fix experience! I decided to go for fixes in my second trimester, and it took about a month to receive my first fix.
A bit of a back story on why I decided to do Stitch Fix, 99% of my clothes were from my pregnancy with Truman, they were all rayon, clingy nursing tops. Between working full time and having a 2 year old, I didn't exactly lack for things to do in. I decided to give Stitch Fix a try since going shopping on the weekends wasn't in the cards, and shopping at the mall made me an angry person. What can I say, the style bus didn't stop at my house and hasn't for several years! ... college and a style savvy roommate was the last time, to be exact. 
Anyways so RAYON, yes. Tired of my worn slick out rayon shirts from my beloved Target. I just asked for a basic first Maternity fix and I got some of the cutest well made items!


this shirt and necklace. bet i wear this necklace once a week still! 

I still wear this ensemble, postpartum!
 Here are some pics, towards the end of my pregnancy. Little did I know there was an almost 9 lb baby of sweetness in there! The floral print shirt has buttons down the front making it easy for me to nurse in, and the blue dress is easy to access as well. Just keeping it real, because if you nurse or plan to nurse, you gotta have access.
 
Here are some of my postpartum Stitch Fix items, I asked for things that would be comfortable, hide my postpartum pooch and be easy to nurse in. Since I started requesting more specific things I've been super happy with my fixes. I think it's important to be specific with your stylist to achieve good communication. I even set up a pinterest board per the websites suggestion of things I liked.



I have kept all five of my items since I started requesting postpartum clothes. When you keep five of the items you get a 25% off discount, making them much more affordable in my opinion. I did have a shirt that I liked and I kept and then after wearing it one time I decided it wasn't the right shirt for me. So luckily there are stitch fix buy sell trade Facebook groups and I sold it to a girl who had been wanting it for a while! Talk about a win-win. 

I just wanted to share my experience through maternity and these past few weeks of being a postpartum mom. Believe it or not this gave me confidence, just by helping me look put together, and that made me feel better, simple as that.

If you decide to do stitch fix, let me know I want to see your fixes! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!
- April